In general, any organization hosting a tournament, no matter what the sport, should consider sanctioning their event with an entity that is qualified to provide this service and is reputable within that sport.
One of the most valuable, and often misunderstood, services provided by any sanctioning entity is the liability insurance coverage offered as part of their sanctioning program. In the event of a catastrophic accident at a tournament site, a critical injury to one of the event participants or an abuse case brought forward, a club could literally be devastated by the losses incurred because of inadequate insurance coverage.
Make sure your club and participants are protected!
North Country Region is dedicated to providing on-going support and services for our Region member clubs. We recognize the programming value and revenue opportunities that many clubs find in hosting their own volleyball tournaments. NCR-USAV offers the critical tools that our clubs need to ensure the success of their tournaments.
NCR charges NO FEES to sanction a tournament.
What does it mean when a tournament is sanctioned by NCR-USAV?
... participating teams know that the tournament is approved by the national governing body of the sport of volleyball in the United States
... the host club is committed to providing a safe and respectful environment for participants both on and off the court
... teams are playing in a tournament where ALL adults working regularly in ANY capacity with minors (coaches, club directors, chaperones, tournament directors, officials, etc.) have passed a rigorous USA Volleyball approved background screen and participate in ongoing SafeSport and IMPACT training
... the host club, its tournament AND event participants are insured by unmatched USAV liability and individual insurance
... team rosters are verified, athletes are playing at their appropriate age level and are following the eligibility rules set forth for the sport of volleyball by USAV
... paid officials, as well as scorers and youth work teams, are trained properly on the rules of volleyball as provided by USAV
... all events are promoted through valuable NCR-USAV marketing resources to over 400 member clubs and over 18,000 individual members
... both the host club and participating clubs are supported and assisted locally by the North Country Region in-house staff
COST: $250 per certified official - full day
If your club would like to include the J.O.T. program during your NCR-sanctioned event this season, please reach out to our Officials Director, Beth Modaff!
In order for a tournament to be sanctioned by NCR-USAV, the host club must agree to and adhere to all mandatory requirements including the five highlighted below:
1) The host club director and tournament director must be current USAV members. Tournament directors should purchase the 23-24 NCR Adult Club Director of Juniors membership.
2) The tournament host will utilize event liability insurance supplied by NCR-USAV only - not in conjunction with insurance provided by another sanctioning entity.
3) The tournament host will only allow current USAV member teams/participants to play in their event.
4) The tournament host will require participating teams to provide proof of USAV membership prior to the tournament (e.g. upload valid USAV official rosters into AES or submit a valid roster printed from the team's SportsEngine governing season). Tournament Director Roster Verification
5) The tournament host will complete a USAV Incident Report Form to document all accidents or injuries occurring during the event - a copy of the report will be sent to NCR no more than 48 hours following the incident.
Sept 1 NCR Hosted Tournaments open for registration on AES
Sept 22 NCR Sanctioned Club Tournaments may open for registration on AES