Officials are expected to complete training on an annual basis. This is available for all officials through an online training site provided by USA Volleyball. The training requirements will vary depending on the official’s experience and certification level. See the next section to print a list of the required courses, depending on your certification level.
Officials should complete the appropriate items before officiating. Please print the list of courses for your level from below before proceeding to the online training, as you will need to register for each of the individual courses this season.
Online Instructions for Officials | Coming in October 2017
List Of Courses Required for Each Certification Level
All information will be available in October 2017
1-Event Only |
Certified Courses |
Provisional Courses |
Regional Courses |
In addition to online training, officials are strongly encouraged to attend one or two of the in-person clinics. There will be a “social hour” between clinics, with food and beverages provided.
Training date, time and location is still to be determined. Please check back in September for further information. (The date of Saturday Dec 9th is currently being targeted, but is not confirmed)
On-Court Training/Evaluations (“Ratings”)
The following events will try to accommodate an on-court observation session or rating for those in attendance as officials.
- Pre-season scrimmage in Bloomington -PREFERRED OPTION (Saturday Dec 9th)
- Molten Series Events – (Saturdays – Certified/Provisional; Sundays – Regional)
- Big City Luau – possible on Saturday, if Training Team members are available
- Presidents’ Day Festival – possible on Saturdays, if Training Team members are available
- Other Events – utilized as-needed when Training Team members are available