Training is required this season for ALL players and coaches, as a new 2-year rules cycle has started.
It’s suggested to review the Junior Officiating Guidelines before starting.
- STEP 1 – Be a current NCR member and allow time for USAV to document you as an “ACTIVE” member within Webpoint.
You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org (please add to your safe sender’s list) when your NCR membership information has been processed. At this point, allow 48 hours for this to be activated within USAV Webpoint.
DO NOT PROCEED ANY FURTHER UNTIL THIS HAS OCCURRED – YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS TRAINING!
- STEP 2 – Request a login from Webpoint. This is available at https://webpoint.usavolleyball.org/Welcome.wp
Be sure the information you utilize exactly matches what you completed with your NCR membership!
- STEP 3 – Login to Webpoint and select “Region Clinics” from the options on the left side of the screen
- STEP 4 – Select “Region Ref/Score clinics” (see screen shot shown below) and ensure the region is “North Country”.
Click the “+ Participant Registration” for the courses you have been asked to complete.
Most clubs have all players learn all roles (R1, R2, Scorer & Libero/Line Judge).
Plan to complete them all unless your coach selects individual players for specific roles.
• Junior players would register for, at most, 4 courses, all of which will start with “Junior Player”
• Coaches have everything under 1 option, as they are required to know all roles• Do NOT utilize any item that starts with “Paid Official” for your training.
• If your membership isn’t “Active” you will receive an error (see step 1). Age parameters are also utilized on some courses to minimize the addition of a course not designed for you, which will also create an error message.
- STEP 5 –Once you have added all of your required courses, click on the red “USAV Academy” button which is located at the bottom of the left side options. This will take you to the USAV Academy so you can start training.
- STEP 6 – Run the “System Test” to ensure computer is set-up and will run the training properly.
From the HOME page, click the tab and then click on SYSTEM TEST at the bottom of the screen
- STEP 7 – From the MY ACCOUNT area begin completing the selected courses.
To select a module for watching, Click “GO” on the far right. You will then click “Go” again on the next screen.
When complete, it will instruct you to close the window and provide a link to return to course details page. Complete this and then click on the MY ACCOUNT tab to return to additional course offerings.
- STEP 8 – Continue completing your required courses. This does not need to all be done at the same time. Your progess will be saved and you can return to login at a later time.
To return, login at: https://webpoint.usavolleyball.org/Welcome.wp and click the USAV Academy button.
- STEP 9 – Once all required courses are finished, a COMPLETION certificate will pop-up on the top-left side of your My Account page when they are earned. This can be provided to your coach (click on it to bring up printing options).
However, completions will also be documented at least weekly on the NCR website and added as soon as possible to the team roster and within the NCR registration database.
- Please utilize the HELP DESK within the USA Volleyball Academy for any issues while taking the courses. Select report an issue and select “officiating training” for the Department and indicate “North Country” as your region.
- To return to the NCR website for Officiating information: https://www.ncrusav.org/officiating-clinics/
- For issues before getting into the USA Academy, please contact:
Brad – email@example.com (952) 831-9150 x5 or Linzy – Linzy@ncrusav.org (952) 831-9150 x6