SafeSport Training Information
The safety of its participants is of paramount importance to North Country Region and USA Volleyball. We have a ZERO TOLERANCE for abuse and misconduct. We are committed to creating a safe and fun environment for youth and all participants.
With this goal in mind, during the 2016 – 2017 season, any adult working with a Junior Program (Coach, Assistant Coach, Club Director, Team Representative, and Chaperone) participating in a National event (Northern Lights Qualifier, other National Qualifier or USAV Nationals) will be required to have SafeSport Certification before attending that event.
FAQ Regarding SafeSport
- Any adult working with a Junior Program who has completed an Impact Coaches Clinic previously or will be doing so in the future, will also be considered SafeSport certified. No further training is required.
- Check list of Impact Certified Coaches here.
- Any adult working with a Junior Program, whose team is NOT attending a National event is NOT required to become SafeSport certified during the 2016 – 2017 season.
- This will be a requirement of all adults working with a Junior Program for all following seasons (starting 2017 – 2018) regardless of attendance at a National event.
- SafeSport Certification is a member benefit and free of charge.
- You must only complete this certification one-time. It is a life-time certification.
Current SafeSport Certified Coaches
How to Become SafeSport Certified
Complete your SafeSport Certification by one of the following methods.
- Completing USA Volleyball’s SafeSport Certification Training
- Attending an North Country Region Impact Coaches Clinic
Jennifer or 952-831-9150/800-657-6967 ext. 4